Mar 12, 2016

My Quarterlife Crisis

This is one of those rare moments that I think I could do so much better. Sometimes I would wonder if there is something more I can do. Like if I chose a different career, would I exceed expectations? I've been in the IT industry ever since I started working, for three different companies and I feel like I always reach the point where I don't enjoy what I'm doing anymore. I feel so weak and helpless when I think that I'll be stuck on the same job position for a long time. I know I've been doing my best but as far as I can remember, I haven't really done something extraordinary. I didn't receive any recognition or awards whatsoever. I am just an ordinary IT professional and I don't like it. I want to achieve something. I am not getting any younger. I want to feel that I am satisfied and enjoying my work. I don't want to be stagnant. I want to explore. I want to pursue graduate school. I want to do more. I want to discover the things I'm really good at.

But for now, I want to be optimistic. I'd like to remind myself of how far I have come with my life, that I can still do better things. I want to challenge myself. I pray that God will continue to guide me on this journey called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment