Dec 12, 2015

Second US Business Trip Getaways Part 2

For my part 2 of my weekend getaways in the US, I explored more of Connecticut and got introduced to some American customs that I experienced for the first time. One of them was during Halloween. Yes, I was in costume too and people didn't bother me joining the kids for trick or treat! :D

Me in CC Yukata version for Halloween 2015 Trick or Treat

Also, I experienced the fall season for the first time! Fall is by far my most favorite season. My friends and I drove around Connecticut to see some beautiful fall foliage.
Look how colorful the trees are during Fall! <3

And since I have some new coworkers that arrived, we went back to New York City for a Saturday trip.
Top of the Rock in New York City, New York.

Moreover, I visited Washington, D.C. again with my friends and spent a weekend there. The second visit (first visit was last year) made me realize of how I love the city.
Washington Monument in Washington, D.C.

I also watched Disney on Ice for the first time. It opened up the child in me! It reminded me of how I love Disney classics!!
Disney on Ice in Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey.

My coworkers and I also decided to visit the Submarine Force Library and Museum in Groton, Connecticut before going to factory outlets for shopping.
Submarine Force Library and Museum in Groton, Connecticut

Me and my coworkers visited Louis Lunch in New Haven, Connecticut as they said it was where the burger originated. One of my coworkers really wanted to be here anyway so we drove there after a work day.
Louis Lunch in New Haven, Connecticut.

Thanksgiving weekend was a bit long. No work already starting Wednesday afternoon until weekend so my coworker friends and I decided to visit some spots in New Jersey.
Liberty Sate Park in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Thomas Edison National Historical Park in West Orange, New Jersey.
Grounds of Sculpture in Hamilton Township, New Jersey.

So this was how I spent most of my free time in the US. Hoping for a next US adventure soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment