Jan 16, 2014

100th Kiss~

I knew supercell had an album on the works for Koeda after releasing their successful seven singles in which six of them were OSTs for different anime titles and one digital single for a school promotion. As a huge supercell fan, I already saved some money for it and when the album was announced, with no hesitation, I immediately pre-ordered the album at Amazon Japan. 

Their latest album is titled "ZIGAEXPERIENTIA". The new songs included in the album were mostly rock, with heavy guitars and drums. Each song is represented by an illustration created by the supercell illustrators Huke, redjuice, Shirow Miwa, and Atsuya Uki.

Before the release date, supercell posted a preview of their songs and the corresponding artwork for each song on their website (http://www.supercell.jp/3rd/).

After checking on the illustrations, what really caught my attention is the illustration for the song 百回目のキス. The illustration was shown as this:

(click image to enlarge)
I showed my sister (who knows Japanese and is currently residing in Nagano, Japan) the website and told her that I really like the illustration above. She then asked me if I know the meaning of the song associated it. I said, well, Google says its "Kiss of Hundredth" and my sister said that's correct but it's more appropriate to translate it as "100th Kiss". Upon realizing about the title of the song, I could feel that this is yet again another flirty love songs of ryo (the likes of "Love and Roll" and "Lovely Icecream Princess Sweetie"). 

When the album was released, I listened to the songs almost everyday. I was even thinking, "What's wrong with me?" Indeed, I just fell in love with ryo's songs again. After so many replays, I was obviously captivated by this one song titled "Hyakukaime no Kiss" (百回目のキス 100th Kiss)" even though I don't know the translations. It's just a coincidence that my most favorite song and my most favorite illustration are associated, as I can only hear a short part of "100th Kiss" in the preview (only heard it in full version when the album was release and became my favorite after a few replays xD) and I was already attracted to the illustration then, honestly! xD

Finally, after so many attempts to look for the translations of the song, I stumbled upon this blog http://ichisora.wordpress.com which has translations of all the new songs in ZIGAEXPERIENTIA. Reading the translations of "Hyakukaime no Kiss" gave the song more meaning to me. The lyrics are full of sweetness and longing for the one you love. It's just so awesome to think how ryo made those lyrics flow beautifully with the melody. 

The lyrics are translated as follows (from http://ichisora.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/supercell-hyakukaime-no-kiss/):

Hyakukaime no Kiss (百回目のキス)
Vocal: Koeda (こゑだ)
Lyrics: ryo (supercell)
Composition/Arrangement: ryo (supercell)
Album: ZIGAEXPERIENTIA

朝が来れば二人はもう
離れ離れ だから強く
握ったその手で抱いて
君の鼓動感じてたい
夜が終わるまえに

asa ga kureba futari wa mou
hanare banare dakara tsuyoku
nigitta sono te de daite
kimi no kodou kanjitetai
yoru ga owaru mae ni

When morning comes, the two of us
Will go our separate ways, so
Hold me with those hands I’m gripping so hard
I want to feel your heartbeat
Before the night ends

逃げ出して もっと もっと強く
してよ 全部壊してしまうくらい
さよならは言わないで
百回目のキスをして

nigedashite motto motto tsuyoku
shiteyo zenbu kowashiteshimau kurai
sayonara wa iwanaide
hyakukaime no kisu wo shite

Take me far away, kiss me more, more forcefully,
Until it all crumbles away
Don’t say goodbye—
Kiss me for the 100th time

もしも二人だけでずっと
いられたならこんなキスに
悲しい思いはしない

moshimo futari dake de zutto
irareta nara konna kisu ni
kanashii omoi wa shinai

If we could be alone together
For all of eternity, then a kiss like this
Would not feel so sorrowful

忘れさせて もっと もっと強く
してよ 全部壊してしまうくらい
さよならは言わないで
嘘でもいいからこうしていて

wasuresasete motto motto tsuyoku
shiteyo zenbu kowashiteshimau kurai
sayonara wa iwanaide
uso demo ii kara koushiteite

Make me forget, kiss me more, more forcefully
Until it all crumbles away
Don’t say goodbye—
Even if it’s a lie, I want to stay like this

きっと未来があると思っていた
そんなはずはないのに

kitto mirai ga aru to omotteita
sonna hazu wa nai no ni

I believed we would definitely have a future
Even though there’s no way we could have

握ったその手で抱いて
君の鼓動感じてたい

nigitta sono te de daite
kimi no kodou kanjitetai

Hold me with those hands I’m gripping so hard
I want to feel your heartbeat

I love youって言って もっと強く
してよ 全部壊してしまうくらい
さよならは言わないで
百回目のキスをして
さよならは言わないで
百回目のキスをして

I love you tte itte motto tsuyoku
shiteyo zenbu kowashiteshimau kurai
sayonara wa iwanaide
hyakukaime no kisu wo shite
sayonara wa iwanaide
hyakukaime no kisu wo shite

Say “I love you”, and kiss me more forcefully
Until it all crumbles away
Don’t say goodbye—
Kiss me for the 100th time
Don’t say goodbye—
Kiss me for the 100th time

Once again, I am under the supercell fascination. Ryo has never failed to surprise me with his beautiful compositions. Listening to supercell has been one of my stress reliever. 

If you are a fan of supercell and want to support them, please buy their albums, neh?

Until my next supercell love post then~!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment