Nov 8, 2013

Skuld in ARCHCon X

Last October 26, 2013, I attended ARCHCon X. It was the 10th anniversary of the event, thus the "X". The first time I attended ARCHCon was last 2007, when it was still a very small hobby event held in a school's gymnasium. I went there years ago together with my fellow Otaku Fest organizers as part of observing on how such event is done. It was somehow the benchmark we followed to create Otaku Fest. Since then, I've been attending the event when I wasn't busy.

Luckily, because my Saturdays are day offs already (hooray for regular normal shift!), I can now attend cosplay events. I went to ARCHCon X as Skuld from the anime series, Ah! My Goddess. If you noticed, I've been wearing my past costumes. I want to wear my old costumes because I want to improve them. I know my cosplays back then were not good and lacked details. I also don't want to spend a lot of money for new costumes since I earn less now compared from my previous job. So yeah, I finally had the opportunity to improve my Skuld cosplay. I had my accessories and wand done by Project One. For the first time, I did a successful ahoge to my wig and did a few styling to mimic Skuld's hair. The wig was originally a full bangs wig with shoulder length layers. I did my make up and my sister drew the blue orb on my forehead. Supposedly, there should be blue orbs above my cheeks but my sister was too afraid to put some so I agreed not to put those.

Refer to the pictures below for my Skuld cosplay last ARCHCon X:



Photos were taken by my sister.

Pretty much, I was able to pull off my Skuld cosplay this time. Every time I do a cosplay, I prepare as much as I can and pray to God that I can successfully do my cosplay on the event. The power of prayer has never disappointed me. It's somehow my main source of energy everyday, in everything I do.

Anyway, if you have questions regarding my cosplays or anything you might want to know more about cosplays or just want to send out a reaction, hit a comment below and I'll be willing to answer as best as I can.

Until my next cosplay then!

PS. I feel I'm getting old already so I need to cosplay more as much as I can. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment