Sep 16, 2013

Beware of PLDT Postpaid SIM Offers

Ok, I am very frustrated right now, right this very moment. The reason is because of PLDT.

It started when some sales agent called our house. My mom answered first and because it was something related to PLDT, she passed the call to me and mentioned something about that PLDT is giving us something since we have been a very good subscriber, etc. So I took the call and the sales agent said that they will be sending us a PLDT SIM that we can use as a wireless landline and specified that it's for free. Yes, they said it was free. I ask and verified if it was really for free, that I wouldn't be paying anything and the agent said yes, it's totally free. So I accepted because it was free.

So the SIM arrived like two weeks ago. The package of the SIM was "PLDT Postpaid SIM" which means it was a postpaid SIM! I googled about it and there isn't much information about it but I read somewhere in my searches that I had to pay P250 every month for the service. Imagine my reaction when I realized that I had to pay for a monthly service. I immediately contacted the customer service representative (CSR) and asked about the SIM and google was correct, I had to pay P250 for the SIM's monthly service!! I then told the CSR that I want to cancel the subscription and the CSR said that the subscription is not yet active so I could just ignore the SIM and not use it. I don't even know if I can use that SIM. I thought it was all good. Because I was still in doubt about on whether the subscription was not really active, I called again after five days and the CSR said the subscription was activated a day before. Arghh! I was really mad! I already called and asked for cancellation and now, instead of cancellation, it was activated!! It gave me a lot of stress! The CSR suggested that I should go to a nearest PLDT branch and have it cancelled there. I went there a while ago and they asked for a request letter for cancellation and an ID. Come on, can't you even tell your CSR instead about the requirements so that I wouldn't be coming back to the PLDT office? Moreover, our PLDT account is not under my name but is under the name of my brother who lives far from our place. Arghh! I need to have my brother sign the damn request letter and have his ID!! This is insane! I am now the one suffering because of this misleading sales talk. If ever they will charge me with fees regarding this damn Postpaid SIM service, I will surely not pay and this might let me trigger to terminate our PLDT account.

Update: On my second visit in the branch, a very kind and understanding supervisor of PLDT helped me with my problem and she worked my cancellation of my PLDT Postpaid SIM. The next month, all was good! I didn't have to pay the lock-in fee and I was reimbursed with my previous payment. Many thanks to that supervisor!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment