Dec 10, 2012

Can't Get Over with Rurouni Kenshin Live-Action Movie

Rurouni Kenshin live-action film was announced last year and was shown in Japan and other countries last August. When we, fans, heard the news last year, we wanted to have the film shown in our country as well. Though not as lucky as those countries that have seen the movie last August, our country was at least very fortunate to release the film in theaters on the first week of December.

Being an avid fan of Rurouni Kenshin (seeing the whole anime series twice on TV and trying to go home early just to see each episode everyday), I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity to see the film. A week before the scheduled release, I bought my ticket to make sure I have a reserved seat. Some of my team mates at work even bought their tickets a month before the showing.

Finally, the most awaited day came. Though work was trying to extend our time in the office, luckily, one of our work mates had a ride and offered to take us in the cinema since he also wants to see the film. We arrived like 15 minutes before the time and rushed to get some food and drinks before entering the cinema. Then the film started. How do I describe it? It was breath-taking. Every scene in the movie was done smoothly and nicely. The story was very much similar with Rurouni Kenshin anime but with some workaround done to fit it into a film. I can't believe that the two different stories in the anime fitted in one whole story. I mean, how did they come up with that idea? It was genius. The fighting scenes were astounding. Minor effects were added to make the fighting scenes more natural to watch. The cast were amazing. I can't say that they were perfect. I'll just say, they were "near perfect". Takeru Satoh was really cute being Kenshin. He was really in character. What struck me most is the actor of Saito, Yosuke Eguchi. Gosh, he was really like Saito! A very cool and handsome Saito! The music was heart drumming. It gave a lot of emphasis on the scenes and not to mention that to the extent, it vibrated my seat. And that theme song by ONE OK ROCK was really good! I'm addicted to it.

Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie poster

Overall, the Rurouni Kenshin live-action film is by far the best anime/manga based movie I've ever seen. I've seen quite several live-action films and nothing made an impact as Rurouni Kenshin. I very much highly recommend it!

And oh, did I mention that I watched the film twice in theaters? This is the first time I watched a film twice in theaters. Haha, I'm addicted I know. When will I get over with it, I'm not sure. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment