Dec 22, 2010

Current Job Blues

I’m having issues again with my current job. I don’t know why people are trying to underestimate my current job and being sorry for my previous position. Indeed, I had a very good position from my previous company but what’s in a good position if your pay is too low? Maybe I was the only Project Manager that receives less than 6k every pay day. Surprising huh? And the company’s under an identity crisis, I tell you.
 
Yesterday, on my way to work, I came across my cousin. She was surprised to see me since it was already night and she asked if I was also on a night shift sked and I said yes. This cousin of mine is working on the same call center as my brother so obviously, she’ll be on a night shift sked. She just knew there in there that I transferred to another company. She was like bashing my current company, saying agents there are being retrenched well hello, I’m not an agent, I’m a programmer. So there, I tried explaining my side but I can tell that she wasn’t happy. I mean, if someone decides for his/her career, somehow respect and understand. Do not show you’re unhappy or underestimating that person as if you know what’s best.
 
And I’ll say this again, I want to program because I want to be good at it. I don’t want to have a higher position than that for now. At least, if I get a higher position, I can manage well the people under me since I already experienced the work they have.
 
For now, I’m happy with my job. Things are properly done through specific processes. And it’s a big bonus to receive almost double of what I receive before every pay day, don’t you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment