Nov 16, 2010

Even Death Can't Take Us Apart: A Farewell Message to My Beloved Lolo and Lola

Last Saturday, I received a sad news...my grandfather, or commonly known as Lolo here in our country, just died. I forgot his exact age but I know he's over 90 years old. I was at work at that time when my sister texted me the sad news. Then I told my friend about it and without asking me further questions, she had the instinct to tell me that if a very old person dies, his/her spouse will immediately follow. When I thought about it, my grandmother, which we refer as Lola, is also sick. I told my friend that there's a big possibility that it may happen since my Lola is sick too.

And then Monday came and we received the other sad news...my Lola who is over 90 years old too (she's a few years older than my Lolo) just died too. It's a very sad time for our family right now. And then I realized that what my friend predicted came true. I posted a short message on my Facebook regarding the death of my grandparents and my friends sent their condolences.

There were a couple of condolences I really liked. The friend I was talking about sent here condolences and added "it's like even death can't take us apart." This was like the most appropriate phrase to describe the love between my Lolo and Lola. I knew when I was a kid, they were very much in love with each other.The second condolence message from another friend I liked was "they can be young again in heaven.. and fall in love all over again". Exactly what I wish for them! I would be very happy for them!

To my beloved grandparents, although we were not that close, but still because of the both of you, I'm alive here on earth. Thank you for the love. May you rest in peace and be happy in heaven with God.

To all my friends who sent their condolences, thank you. I don't think saying thank you as a response for a condolence message is inappropriate. It depends on how you interpret it. As for me, I say thank you since I believe that those condolences were meant to support and sympathize with you so I say thank you.

And God, please take good care of my grandparents. Tell them that we'll miss them and that we love them very much. Until we see each other again...goodbye my beloved Lolo and Lola.

No comments:

Post a Comment