Jan 31, 2010

Goodbye My Choppy...

It is a very sad day for me today because my beloved 12-year old dog just died. His name is Choppy and he is half Japanese Spitz, half "Askal". It really pains me to know that he's already gone. I'm actually crying right now, while typing this post. Anyway, I would like to share some of my memorable days with Choppy.

Choppy came to our home when I was about 10 years old. I was on my third grade at that time. He was really cute and I thought he was just going to be an ordinary white dog but my Dad said that he will be a very nice looking dog when he grows up. The name "Choppy" came from a small motor vehicle called "Choppy". My Dad was right, Choppy grew up not just cute but a very good and obedient dog.

 
Choppy is very camera-shy.


Choppy after his bath.


 A picture of Choppy and me.


I was really happy when I had Choppy. He was the perfect dog for me.When we arrive from school, he was always there waiting near the road to welcome us home. He never bites, and he only barks to strangers. He goes out of the house to pee and discharge waste. When he asks for food, he would just sit and make a touch on your knee by his right foot. He understands what we want him to do. He was really very good and obedient. My Dad would usually say that Choppy was more obedient than me which I think was quite right. I bring some of my leftovers from school to give to Choppy. Even until now that I'm working, I would try to bring some food for him. He likes meat like pork and chicken, bones, and something crunchy like Piatos and biscuits. He may not like much when it comes on bathing him, but he never moves when we bathe him. He also likes dog-walking. I also remember the first time he learned how to climb up the stairs, he couldn't climb down so he just stayed at the highest step, making some sounds to get some help. But eventually, he learned how to climb up and down the stairs. I treated him not just an ordinary pet but as my younger brother since I'm the youngest among my siblings.

I think the craziest and most amazing thing that Choppy did was when he made a big hole in our wooden wall of our house. This was because we left him alone for one week when we went to the province. He thought we were inside the house so he made a hole to look for us. When we arrived, he immediately came out of the hole and he was really happy to see us.

Last night, I felt the pain that Choppy was enduring. He was breathing deeply, his head aches, and he can barely stand. I was trying to comfort him by combing his hair, trying to get some of his fleas, and touching him. I carried him to let him eat just a little but he just drank some water. I knew he was really on pain already but I couldn't do anything. While looking at him, I was reminiscing the good times we had, how he became very special to me, and how he became a huge part of my life.

Today, I'm bidding farewell to the spice of my life. Thank you Choppy for all the things that you have done for me, for always been there to bring me comfort especially on my bad times, for coming to our home, for being so good to us, for being with us, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your 12 years of existence will be always precious to me. I'm very thankful to God for giving you to us and if it's true that dogs have souls, then I pray that you are now happy with God. I will definitely miss you Choppy! I love you....

No comments:

Post a Comment